Campus Basement Newsletter!
It's #Follow SUNDAYFollow @campusbasement
- 21 alcohol basketball beer boeheim campus christmas classes college Cornell dorms dps drinking drunk facebook featured finals food fraternities frats freshmen funny girls greek halloween holidays library love money movies music otto parties politics professors sex snow sororities sports students student sketches washu weather winter women
Zipped Magazine Greatest ‘Cuse Trends and Catchy Slogans
Welcome to the Zipped Magazine Syracuse University Bookstore collaboration competition! Syracuse is looking for a new style and we want your help!
We are holding a competition to find the latest and greatest ‘Cuse trends and catchy slogans. Slogans aren’t mandatory but think along the lines of, “We are Penn State, ‘Nova Nation (Villanova)’ Maze & Blue (Michigan), Oh-io (Ohio State)’ and The Men of Troy (USC).
Winners clothing will be produced and sold in the Bookstore along with being featured in Zipped Magazine! The winner will also be a part of the new line’s photo shoot.
Zipped Magazine & SU Bookstore Clothing Contest Rules
1. Applicants must be students
2. Applicants must agree that their designs will be owned by the Syracuse University Bookstore
3. Applicants must submit the clothing line, name, email and phone number by February 11, 2011 to”¦Zippedpr@gmail.com (All files must be converted to PDF)
4. Applicants must design 1 t-shirt, sweatshirt and sweatpant design and a 4th apparel design of their choice. (Applicants can choose to do a second t-shirt/sweatshirt or sweatpants design)
5. Applicant must agree to be featured in Zipped Magazine
6. Final designs which include SU trademarks and/or colors must be approved by SU’s Office of Trademark Licensing.
The Syracuse University football program took a step in the right direction Saturday night, defeating Division I-AA East Jabib University For The Blind 38-14 with an explosive offensive display in the Carrier Dome. The 2-1 Syracuse Orange struggled in the first half, but exerted its power on the 1-2 East Jabib University For The Blind... MORE »
In spite of Occupy Wall Street and other “Occupy” movements that have cited the growing discrepancies in the distribution of wealth, it appears the 99% have lost additional fellow comrades: Follets Bookstore is closing in February as its managers and owners have set their eyes on trading in their 99% working class attire for new... MORE »
3 am, You are steadily approaching as my mac battery slowly dwindles. My article is not read and my paper is not started, yet I wait for your arrival with outstretched arms. I stay quiet during your presence to avoid waking up my innocent room mate, fearing her intrusion on our rendezvous. You bring along... MORE »
Marshall St. forced to close off road, turn pedestrians away as class skipping students flocked to the famed block. As more and more students ignored their class schedules in lieu of pizza, bubble tea, and Slider’s Belgian fries, Marshall Street swarmed with said slackers. The popular eateries and cafes could not contain the masses of... MORE »
1. Enter your username and password 2. Restart the computer after it freezes midway through typing your password 3. Move to a different computer after the previous one refuses to finish restarting 4. Open internet explorer 19 times because you’re not sure if it understood that you clicked the icon the previous 18 times 5.... MORE »
“Hmm? The what? Syracuse Symphony Orchestra? What is that? Is it part of SU?“ No, insipid child, remarkable to believe, there is a Syracuse that exists outside of this university. And unfortunately, that Syracuse may receive a serious blow this Friday if the Syracuse Symphony Orchestra does not meet budget requirements and is forced... MORE »
The Challenge: The life of a student is full of stress. Boredom, isolation, exams, relationship and finances are common causes of stress in a student. The Science: Despite the hectic schedule and busy life, there are many ways that students can fight stress and relax. The Solution: Here are simple ways and tips that can... MORE »
Dear Campus Basement readers, Are you curious to see who the incoming freshmen are? Do you want to hear how young and innocent they all are? Are you reminiscing when you were still in high school and were anticipating Cuse? Well you are in luck because I have recently gone undercover posing as an incoming... MORE »
It appears Google Street View caught a glimpse of a typical Syracuse occurrence. Well, so much for renting this house. Robbers in syracuse… typical. MORE »
The Carrier Dome is the nation’s largest on-campus basketball venue and the student section, Otto’s Army, is its heart and soul. Syracuse students will camp outside in the frigid Syracuse winter for days on end outside of the Dome in an area known affectionately as “Boeheimburg”. When the game tips off, no other arena can... MORE »
Sam’s dad bet him $100 that he couldn’t do one backflip (backflip, gainer, wallflip, etc.) each day of 2011. Well, let’s just say that Sam’s dad is now $100 poorer and Sam is probably dizzy as shit. Watch this amazing video of Sam doing crazy backflips all over Cuse. Pretty damn impressive. He also shoots... MORE »
A student currently attending Washington University hates his life. According to reports, he/she spends hours each day thinking up the cleverest comments possible to distract himself from his/her own self-hatred, including “You’re not funny” and “This isn’t funny.” This student was last seen playing World of Warcraft. And he is NOT Chuck Norris. It has... MORE »
Lyrics: This one is for the girls with North faces Leggings, UGG boots, you know we had braces, When we come up on ya’ campus, you better respect us If not, fall back, don’t try to undress us And we pretty, we’re witty, we rock Hello Kitty We spend our parents money on a trip to... MORE »
And, I quote my friend Kaitlin “Having double computer screens is essential on game days..” MORE »
Title says all. During peacefully Occupy Movement, police came in to tear down tents and proceeded to arrest students who stood in their way. Once students peacefully demanded the release of the arrested, a police officer unnecessarily pepper sprays the students to open a path for the rest of the officers MORE »