Was your Christmas jolly? Did you have eight crazy nights? Was your New Year’s Eve a (drunken) night to forget? Well, no one gives a fuck now that you’re back at school! And here’s 8 awkward things – and 8 awesome things – about being back on the hill.
- Hearing other people’s drunken stories from back home.
- “Shit, did I really leave my room this messy before break? Is that a block of cheese? …..I wonder if it’s still good.”
- Class introductions. It’s kind of uncomfortable introducing myself to people I’ve awkwardly made eye contact with / Facebook stalked last semester.
- That cringeworthy moment when your sock slips off your foot inside your snow boots.
- “I can make food just as good as mom does…or I could just eat this packet of ramen that expires in 2056. What’s in this, anyway?”
- Internship hunt. Can’t I just stay in school forever? I’d rather take a lifelong part-time job at McDonald’s than start looking for an internship.
- Remembering bathroom etiquette. What do you mean I can’t leave my underwear and towel on the floor? THIS IS WHERE I SHIT, SO I CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT.
- “Your textbooks cost $300, plus $65 for an unspecified SU tax, $20 for our bagging fee and an additional $40 to fund the Chancy Nancy statue we’re building on top of the Dome. And that watch you’re wearing.”
- Telling other people your drunken stories from back home.
- SUperfood point renewal. Kimmel runs, baby!
- Building a blanket fort. I don’t care what anyone says, but when it’s wintertime, I’m building my damned blanket fort.
- Who needs real food when you can have gummy bears and chocolate milk for dinner?
- Blackboard class rosters! Time to stalk more people on Facebook.
- “OMG, I can wear my favorite black North Face with my favorite black leggings again!!!!!!! BTW, this tan looks totally real, right???”
- I finally have an excuse to look like a bum when I go to class. Excuse you, but yes, this Forever Lazy is necessary to my survival in the tundra.
- That whole education thing. I knew I was here for a reason.